0 0%

Thread: Gingham Shirt with Seersucker pants

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    23 Post(s)

Gingham Shirt with Seersucker pants

I am looking for a gingham shirt to go with white/grey seersucker pants, JCF chino blazer and blue Bass Brocktons. Here are the options I am looking at. Not concerned with brand at the moment. I was also thinking of getting a grey knit bowtie to wear with it. What do you guys think?

OR

or

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    23 Post(s)
    I forgot to mention that I have a white with lilac bordered pocket square that I would be able to use with the outfit if I went with lilac gingham, for the other options I have a white linen square.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Quoted
    81 Post(s)
    I like the green, because I just happen to like the color more than the other two and because I think it dials down the "summer in the south" vibe a little. Then again, with the blue shoes, maybe one of the others would be better. Of those, I like the lilac one better. I'd discourage using a pocket square with an identically-colored border, though, because I think it's likely to come off a bit costume-y.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Are the pants a solid color, or striped white and grey? If they are striped I would be hesitant to wear them with a small gingham like those above as the pattern densities will be very similar. Maybe try a solid shirt in one of the patterns above, and a gingham/checked tie?