Thread: Custom suit styles

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Custom suit styles

So I have a question and figured I would go to the masters....

I am in the Middle East for the next month and have the opportunity to buy a custom suit for ~$250. I get to choose the color (I am leaning on blue or grey), and style. So I was wondering if anyone has any styles I should try to get them to copy... Any advice?

Thanks!

Dappered Veteran
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    33 Post(s)
    Best bet is to find a suit on someone, try the looks you like thread, and go that route.

There's so many options for lapels, button stance etc it's hard to recommend.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Quoted
    46 Post(s)
    If I'm not mistaken, I believe there was a prior discussion about this, in which it was mentioned that the fabric was of high quality, but the tailoring job wasn't usually well done, and that you should be careful to use the tailors that come to the embassy or something? It'll cost you a bit more, but quality tailoring is obviously going to be important if you're asking for a custom suit.

(Don't take my word for it, somebody else probably knows better, and wait for confirmation, but I feel like I've seen this discussed somewhere.)

Also, with regards to the suit itself, that would be totally dependent on how many suits/what suits you already own.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)