Thread: Where has my money gone?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

Where has my money gone?

Bonobos has updated their website with a whole bunch of new colors of chinos (light green, orange, bright blue) and - this is pretty exciting - they now offer a slim straight cut of their travel jeans. Also some slim straight oxford cloth pants.

Anyone have any feedback on the travel jeans' quality? They look flat out gorgeous, and I love five-pocket styling.
    Last edited by hon140; February 9th, 2013 at 08:41 AM.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quoted
    129 Post(s)
    I've tried about 5 different pairs and they never fit me right. Ive realized theyre just not for me. My correct waist size has the pants feel way too tight and stretched across the crotch area. I think they're not designed for people who have any type of butt.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    I have a butt and they fit me pretty well. I have the straight cuts (4 pairs of them). I sized down a waist size from my Bonobos chino waist size to get the right fit. I think if you have an athletic build and you size down 1, and you dont mind slimmer fitting pants, they are amazing. I love them.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quoted
    51 Post(s)
    I really need to give them another shot, I think. I have had 4 pairs of bonobos and all of them had serious quality control issues.
    "You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Like others have said, if you have a slim build consider going down a size. I have no butt, but muscular thighs and the slim-straights from bonobos fit me well. Their travel jeans are pretty much my favorite thing to wear. .

One thing to note, in my experience Bonobos has the same difficulties as Levi does in that the cut of their products isn't always consistent. A few months ago, I ordered 2 slim straight chinos in the same size. One pair was an inch wider in the thighs, and had an inch longer inseam. One pair of travel denim I bought was one pair was 1 inch wider in the waist and 2 inches longer inseam compared to others I own. From message board postings, I have seen the same complaints elsewhere.

Overall, I have been very happy with their quality. 2 years ago, back when they used to do groupon codes and 20-30% sales fairly regularly, I bought 8 pair of chinos and 4 suits from them really cheaply (if you played it right, you would only spend 40% of retail). With the exception of one pair of chinos, all the other products have held up really well, despite near constant use. They have truly exceptional customer service and a great return policy. Their products are a bit expensive for what they are, but the customer service/return policy more than makes up for the increased cost.
    Last edited by somaticmarker1; February 10th, 2013 at 03:12 PM.