Thread: Nordstrom Rack - ONLINE!?

Dappered Veteran
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Quoted
    97 Post(s)

Nordstrom Rack - ONLINE!?

So this is news to me. Hidden under "Sales" on Nordstrom.com is a link to The Rack! I thought I'd share since I've never seen it mentioned here.

The Men's section is totally disorganized but there are some awesome high end brands here on pretty good discounts (just like the store itself). Unfortunately I couldn't find much (not even underwear! or used socks!) in my size. Free shipping and free returns, you can also return to a local Nordstrom Rack. They have Bonobos, Levis Made and Crafted, Cucinelli, Armani, and a lot more (including a ton of crappy printed tees). No shoes though, which really stinks.

Link: http://shop.nordstrom.com/c/rack-men...rtcategoryid=0

Somebody's gonna want these Pantherella for $10: http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/panthere...=&resultback=0 (I don't like the color, but it's Sea Island cotton!)

Samuelsohn wool knit tie: http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/samuelso...tback=0&pprd=0

This looks gorgeous: http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/j-p-tilf...=&resultback=0

There's a ton more, take a look.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    too bad no men's shoes

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quoted
    76 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LosRockets View Post
    or used socks!
    So *you're* the one who sniped those out from under my mouse click. Ah-ha!

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    @LosRockets - This could be dangerous.

This wool tie or this one? (both in gray)

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    By the way, as far as I can tell, these are a lot of the leftovers from the holiday men's sale that have just been moved from that section to the Rack. I was following that Gitman tie and it just moved to the Rack area recently. I believe that the prices are the same as the final sale prices from early January as well.

Dappered Veteran
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Quoted
    97 Post(s)
    I was having the same debate before I chose neither. I really like the wool knit tie, and if you're in a place where it's cold for more of the year than where I live, I'd go for it. It's a great price on a wool knit tie by a good brand. On the other hand, the Gitman tie is a cotton number, and while it no doubt looks good, I think you could get something similar for a bit cheaper (maybe even one of those Stafford Made in USA chambray-type ones Joe pictured).

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    Ah, that's because I linked to the wrong Gitman tie!

This is the one that I meant. It looks great, but I think it might be tough to pair. But the knit Samuelsohn is probably a bit more versatile.

Dappered Veteran
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Quoted
    97 Post(s)
    I agree that the Samuelsohn is more versatile; and something about the Gitman one feels "old" to me. But that's my personal style speaking, nothing objective.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Great find LosRockets, I was out of the loop on this too....there's a brick and mortar store back home that I go to but at school all we have is the main store so this will be helpful.

Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Quoted
    315 Post(s)
    There has been a Nordstrom Rack "website" for a while - but in my experience, it only carries a tiny fraction of the stuff you'll find in an actual Nordstrom Rack.

Plus I've always thought the shoe section at Rack was the most interesting section. :-)
    BenR