Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: JCP Spring 2013

Banned
    Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Quoted
    665 Post(s)

JCP Spring 2013

I hope there isn't another JCP thread already. I searched and couldn't find one. So what do you guys think?

I took a few minutes today to go the dreaded shopping mall and check things out for myself. I have to admit, I am impressed. I tried on a tattersall button-down collar shirt that fit spot on, using my J. Crew shirt fit as the criterion. I wear a medium in J. Crew, mostly, and this was just about like a J. Crew medium. Size and fit... I felt like I was wearing a J. Crew button-down shirt.

I wasn't quite as sold on the material. It almost felt a little plastic-y. But maybe that's because I'm used to the J. Crew "secret wash" broken-in feel? Maybe this shirt would soften up over a lot of laundering? I checked the label--100 percent cotton.

And the prices can't be beat. $25 for a good-fitting button-down collar shirt.

I wasn't as impressed with some other things. I tried on a thin cardigan that I just couldn't get to fit well over the shirt. It was a little clingy and the proportions felt off.

The sweatshirts were pretty cool in the color scheme department, but the material, like the shirt, looked and felt plastic-y, a little synthetic.

I ended up indecisive about the shirt. But I'm feeling inclined to go back and grab it later this week on a longish lunch break from the office.

Banned
    Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Quoted
    665 Post(s)
    Nobody?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I was in JC Penney today and thought I noticed a few new items. Mostly clearance stuff at my store right now. I wasn't in the mood to try any thing on so I didn't notice if the fit had improved. Ill head back soon and check it out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    From this interview with Nick Wooster, it sounds like the bulk of the spring items will be arriving in February.

Hopefully, JCP starts doing a bit better as a company. The lats couple of financial quarters have been pretty bad. I don't think they've had great luck getting their "fair & square" pricing message out there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    As far as the JCP brand shirts go, I think they're all 100% cotton. The ones I have that had a bit of a papery/noisy feel to them (gingham & plaid) have all softened up after a few washes. Still happy w/ those and the JCP brand OCBDs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I think the papery thing might just be a quality of poplin shirts.

Varsity Member Sigtweed Corduroy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Anyone check out the polka dot shirt?

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quoted
    57 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nathos View Post
    From this interview with Nick Wooster, it sounds like the bulk of the spring items will be arriving in February.

Hopefully, JCP starts doing a bit better as a company. The lats couple of financial quarters have been pretty bad. I don't think they've had great luck getting their "fair & square" pricing message out there.
    Tat is my understanding too. I'm looking forward to those blazers he was talking about. Ive been thinking about picking up the Merona one in khaki but if they have one at jcp I just might have to pick it up instead.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Great article. I've really liked the style of the new JCP brand. The shirts seemed a tad tight in the forearms for me; but every time I stop at the mall, I make sure to go through JCP to see what's new. Very exciting on the blazers; I'll be checking them out for sure. Also, Harris Tweed this next fall?! Awesome.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    23 Post(s)
    My wife bought me the brown wool pants for Christmas. They have quickly become my favorite pants for the way they feel and their fit.

I needed a white dress shirt since I only had one in my rotation. I got one from JCP for $12. Not a bad deal at all. It just arrived, so I haven't tried it on yet, but even if it is half as good as the pants I will pleased.