Thread: First Sports coat

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

First Sports coat

I'm looking to buy my first sports coat. I'm looking for something to wear with both jeans to go out on dates with my wife as well as to wear with chinos to dress it up a bit.

Would I be looking for a 100% wool jacket? I tried on the Kensington from Target and I don't think I could wear that to casual business meetings. Is it possible to get a sports coat to pull double duty like that?

I don't have alot of the stores everyone shops at here. I have GAP but they never have sports coats. We also have Dilliards but that's about it. I feel like everytime I go to Dilliards and try on the sports coats I feel like I'm in a suit jacket.

I guess...help!

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quoted
    77 Post(s)
    Where you from? Do you have any Winners/Marshals near you? These places can be hit or miss but its worth a try.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Banana Republic has caught my eye lately. On sale you can get a nice cotton blazer for 150 ish. Birds eye blazer or the grey herringbone are nice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I picked up my first sportcoat at Khols.
    http://searchingformystyle.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quoted
    189 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by javadave View Post
    Banana Republic has caught my eye lately. On sale you can get a nice cotton blazer for 150 ish. Birds eye blazer or the grey herringbone are nice.
    I'll second this recommendation. I have both the navy Birdseye and the charcoal herringbone. I've worn them casually with jeans for date night and with wool trousers for business casual. Be sure to wait for a 30-40% off sale and you can get them for $120-140.