Thread: Classy Contrast?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Classy Contrast?

Is it possible? I was watching some kind of sporting event last year and I remember that the commentator had on a white polo with a plaid pattern on its inner collar. After seeing this and obviously some of the more "excessive" contrasts on Cam from Modern Family's outfits, I've wanted to try to pull this off in moderation.

I definitely don't want the entire collar to be a contrast but some subtle pops here and there could be fun and distinctive. Burberry makes some polos with this style but $150 for a golf shirt is not kosher with me.

Any tips? I'm looking for polos and sport/dress shirts.

Thanks!

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    22 Post(s)
    Some of the made-to-measure shirt companies can do contrasting fabrics on the inside collars and shirt cuff, e.g. http://www.blanklabel.com, though they're not going to be much cheaper. I feel like shirts like these are more likely to come from fashion-y brands so I'd check out Gilt sales also.
    Last edited by trash; January 20th, 2013 at 07:21 PM.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Another form of clothing contrast:

Last edited by Cannon; January 20th, 2013 at 07:43 PM.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quoted
    112 Post(s)
    I saw some Thomas dean dress shirts at Nordstrom rack yesterday that had contrasting cuffs for about $45. I've gotten English laundry shirts from last call for about that same price. Unfortunately I had to return them because the shirts are just too long on me.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    There are always those shirts with a contrasting white collar. They're more dressy than polos or sport shirts but I think it's a classic contrast

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vicious49 View Post
    I saw some Thomas dean dress shirts at Nordstrom rack yesterday that had contrasting cuffs for about $45. I've gotten English laundry shirts from last call for about that same price. Unfortunately I had to return them because the shirts are just too long on me.
    Thanks all... I need to give Rack a try.