Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shoe color for dark brown pants?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Shoe color for dark brown pants?

I love dark brown pants. Maybe it's because every pair I've found has, coincidentally, been among the most comfortable I've owned, but I really think it's just because dark brown is my favorite color most days.

I wear black shoes with them. Is this incorrect? I have brown shoes, but fear the unitard look. I need some help here because I feel like I might be doing something very wrong, but am not sure how to fix it. Maybe I should just try to move on from the dark brown pants (*gasp*)?

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Good question. My best looking pair of corduroys are brown, and I always wear (darker) brown boots with them (because my winter boots are brown, and I'm not going to subject another pair of shoes to the salt). My take on it is that while it may not be ideal, it doesn't look THAT bad, but I don't wear any brown in my shirt just to limit the brown at that point.

I think the "rule" with suits is your shoes should be darker than your pants (which is why brown is ok with just about anything that isn't black or charcoal). Following that rule, I would say, you are fine with black with your brown pants. As far as your brown shoes with the brown pants, there are a LOT of shades of brown, so how do they compare?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    With one pair of pants, they are the same color. With the other pair, the pants are darker.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Doesn't sound like these are suit pants so I think what color shoes you wear would have to depend on the rest of the outfit. I would just avoid wearing shoes of the same color.

I wear a pair of lighter brown/tan shoes with my dark brown pants personally. Darker brown shoes if the pants are a light brown

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Try grey, navy, or white shoes.

If the pants are really dark, try a light brown shoe.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Burgundy works pretty well

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quoted
    145 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Acousticfoodie View Post
    Burgundy works pretty well
    Good idea. Similar, but not matchy-matchy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    If the pant is a dark brown(chocolate?) then a lighter shade of brown shoe would work, like a cognac. As well as the burgundy as said above.

I would try to stay away from black and brown.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Men are very loyal to black and brown shoes. Men need to be more adventurous when it comes to the color of their shoes. Men can wear some of the most magnificent colors, olives, reds, bordeaux, cognac, aubergines... I personally really enjoyed the shoe colored by hand to obtain those incredible natural looking dark and light hues.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    light brown shoes if they are dark brown pants, and vice versa.