Thread: Thoughts on this waxed cotton jacket

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quoted
    148 Post(s)

Thoughts on this waxed cotton jacket

Was wondering what peoples thoughts on this were. I've been curious to see it in person so I decided to give it a whirl at $70. Should be here next week. The idea of a waxed cotton blazer intrigues me for some reason.

http://www.landsend.com/pp/mens-waxe...242103_-1.html

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    24 Post(s)
    I actually sort of like the idea, but only as an outerwear piece, I wouldn't wear it as a conventional sportcoat. The fabric doesn't look that great in the photos though, kind of shiny and synthetic. I don't like the elbow patches either. I like waxed cotton though, almost picked it up for myself but LEC blazers never fit me right.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Quoted
    360 Post(s)
    Wear it with the collar/lapel turned up and you will look a lot like Bond from Skyfall.

I agree with Trash, though. I wouldn't try to wear it in place of a traditional blazer. Better as casual outerwear.
    BenR

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quoted
    148 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
    I agree with Trash, though. I wouldn't try to wear it in place of a traditional blazer. Better as casual outerwear.
    That's why it intrigued me. I don't wear traditional blazers (or haven't yet anyways). Still trying to get the hang of that. But as casual outerwear, I think I could pull it off. It could be a gateway to blazers for me.

Trash - What has been your experience with LEC blazer sizing? Do they run large or small.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    24 Post(s)
    The sleeves always seem to be too long (though I'm shorter, 5'7"-ish), and the description says this jacket has functional cuff buttons so could be problematic. Beyond that it's more so proportions, the upper half a little too snug and the lower half a little too wide. Who knows though, they might have tweaked the cuts for the newer blazers. I'd use their online chat to ask if they have measurements for the size you want, they usually do.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quoted
    148 Post(s)
    Just got it in. Not a fan of it. The fit was a bit tight when I buttoned it. Normally I could get this tailored, but with the waxed cotton, who knows. Either way, it didn't look as nice in person. I am however going to keep the Donegal pants that I had gotten in the same order.