Thread: Aldo Mr. B's Montano boot

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    24 Post(s)

Aldo Mr. B's Montano boot

http://www.aldoshoes.com/us/men/mr-b...762-montano/29

Saw this mentioned on SF and thought I'd see what the Dappered community thinks. Plain-toe boots with a not-too-sleek not-too-blobby profile, marked down to $100 (sign up for their newsletter for a 10% off code). The rust color looks great, though the two suede options aren't bad either. It looks like the sole is just rubber with a leather patch stitched on, as opposed to a combination sole - looks a bit like crepe rubber but I'm not sure.

I ended up returning my Blake boots because I never wore them (just never came to love the styling and the leather soles aren't too useful in winter). The leather quality was ok, nothing amazing, so I figure the Montano is similar. I'll probably hold off because I definitely don't need new shoes.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Quoted
    173 Post(s)
    From the Mr. B's I've seen in person, they tend to be very bulky. Thick soles, very rounded toe boxes, etc. That said, for $100, they may be worth the risk.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I actually started a thread about these just a few days ago. I ordered the rust color about a week and a half ago. The shoes came in about Wednesday of last week but they sent me the wrong color! Instead of the rust I got the lighter of the two suedes. The correct rust color (With an additional 15% off for my troubles ) will be here either tomorrow or Wednesday. I will post some pictures and a formal review when they arrive. I will say the suede ones seemed to be well constructed when they arrived and fit well. The suede was actually really neat, I just wanted the rust. I too was worried about the toe being a bit bulky but it was actually pretty slim. Not quite Dalton slim, but no bigger than a Iron Ranger (At least from what I can tell from pictures.)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I wanted to mention that on the Mr. B website, the Montano's are the only shoes/boots in the Mr. B line that mentions that they are welted and can be resoled. If you go here and put your pointer over the bottom right icon, you'll see the details:

http://www.gentlemensboutique.com/ca...s/montano/rust

If they really are welted, I'd say these might turn out to be a pretty good deal. I ordered a pair in the brown suede. I look forward to your review Tyler.

If you like look of the Alden Roy boots, check out the Montano's.

http://www.contextclothing.com/item.php?id=1524
    Last edited by fragbuddy; January 7th, 2013 at 11:22 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    So, since Trash pointed out that they're back on sale, does anyone have any experience with them? Also, any pics of them in the wild??

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    21 Post(s)
    I've seen them at an Aldo store. They look nice - similar to an Alden trubalance last on standard Indys. I didn't find them bulky at all.

Quality seems ok. Have no idea what they're like to wear.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    While its not the same shoe, I own a pair of the Blake boots from the Mr. B's line. I wouldn't say that they are clunky but the surely aren't as sleek as my AE Daltons. However, I wear them quite often especially in rainy/snowy weather and they have held up really well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    http://www.aldoshoes.com/us/clearanc...762-montano/22

Just ordered a pair, $99 on clearance. Only brown leather left. 10% email code gets $10 off, but California tax brought it back up to $98 :/
    I wanted a clean round-toe boot to slot in between my brown suede chukkas and moc-toe Rockports (this site would hate them, but I love them)

Anybody wanna share their experience with these? Review? Pictures? Obviously they won't be the same quality as Red Wings or Chippewa, but I've heard Mr B's are good for the price.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    24 Post(s)
    I think that's a good price, the boots have a nice shape. If I didn't have Wolverine 1Ks I'd be tempted if my size were in stock. Kind of wish I got the suede versions when they were available, I wouldn't mind having a suede boot.