Thread: Thoughts on Jcrew Oilcloth worker jacket?

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thoughts on Jcrew Oilcloth worker jacket?

http://www.jcrew.com/AST/Navigation/...loth/93180.jsp

I really like it. The 3 button might not work for some though. Been waiting for it to drop in price as it has been "on sale" for $199 forever (forever being defined as a couple months). Noticed that it just recently dropped to $150.
    Last edited by thepenguin99; January 5th, 2013 at 02:32 AM.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    23 Post(s)
    Don't like it. It's neither a sportcoat nor a utility jacket. Appears to be waxed cotton, which means you'll need to re-apply wax to it every year. Three-button jackets are fine though, if they're 3 roll 2.

Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Quoted
    332 Post(s)
    I thought about buying it when it was on sale earlier. But the lack of a rear vent is a deal-breaker for me and my ghetto booty. There was another, similar "utility blazer" type thing that had the same problem.
    BenR

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    You might want to check to see if your local J Crew has it in stock. One of the ones I go to usually has sale items for a lot cheaper than the site. I actually went back to pick this one up yesterday after passing up on it earlier in the week. They were selling it for $90 BEFORE the 30% sale and they let me have a student discount on top of that. At that pricepoint, it was worth the risk I didn't want to pass up on it again. Too bad the sale's over, though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I picked one up in Nov and I really like it. It was at a store on sale + the 30% so I grabbed it though I hadnt really noticed it online. It was one of the best purchases I made over this holiday season. I really dig it. It's a sportcoat...sorta. If you like the vibe of the dude in that picture, me thinks you will really like the jacket.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    It's on sale now for $129.99 plus 30% off sale price with code STYLEFIND. Final sale though, so no returns.