Thread: Inexpensive t-shirts with tight neck holes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Inexpensive t-shirts with tight neck holes

It's become clear to me that I need to toss out a lot of my t-shirts and find some new ones. T-shirts are one thing I'm fairly anal about though. I can't stand ones that have loose or wide neck holes. Can anyone recommend an inexpensive option that is very fitted around the neck hole? I'm looking to purchase several in basic colors--a few white, light heather grey, navy, etc.

Thanks!

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quoted
    108 Post(s)
    I've always had good luck with Merona Athletic fit shirts from Target. The only issue with them is getting colors you want as they sort of change with the season but I pick up a couple each season and love them.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    These undershirts from Land's End are the BEST undershirts in the world. They stay soft, the necks won't stretch out, and they don't shrink as much as other undershirts from Hanes and the like. Enjoy.

http://www.landsend.com/pp/mens-crew...151813_59.html

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I like the Alfani packages of shirts at Macys. You can usually get a good variety of colors in one of the packages, and they come out to about $5/shirt. I'm a skinny dude and find the neckholes sufficiently tight.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    I also would recommend the Merona Athletic Fit shirts at Target. Best fit/quality to price I've found so far for basic shirts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    If you have a Kohl's nearby I like the Marc Anthony Tees that they sell. They have a wide variety of colors and necklines. The fabric is thin enough that it is flexible and doesn't bunch, but it's not translucent at all. It's a very smooth fabric. The crew necks fit very snug around the neck. Where I'm at they run between $8-12 a shirt. Not the cheapest but they feel great, and wear well. In terms of sizing they run a little on the small side. Most brands of T-shirts I wear a Medium and while I wear a medium here as well it hugs my torso considerably more than normal. Not in a bad way, just in a 'very fitted' way.