7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    31 Post(s)
    1 pair J Crew chinos, 1 pair J Crew dark gray cords $15 total in Manhattan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)
    I was lucky enough to find these at the local thrift store and they actually fit. I believe they are vintage Florsheim Imperials due to the five nail heads on the sole and the metal V cleats on the heels. The uppers, which are pebble grain, are in very excellent condition and just a little shoe cream to breathe life back into the leather and it looks good as new. They were $20, not bad.

This is what they looked like new:

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    47 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jairus View Post
    I was lucky enough to find these at the local thrift store and they actually fit. I believe they are vintage Florsheim Imperials due to the five nail heads on the sole and the metal V cleats on the heels. The uppers, which are pebble grain, are in very excellent condition and just a little shoe cream to breathe life back into the leather and it looks good as new. They were $20, not bad.

This is what they looked like new:

great find. I have a pair of florsheim imperial cordovan PTB's. Just got new heals put on them finally.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)
    After wearing them for about an hour I realize that I need to take them to my cobbler and get some new heels in and see if he can soften up the leather a bit. They cleaned up well, but really need to be broken in.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    60 Post(s)
    Found a pair of Allen Edmonds Hillcrest bicycle-toe bluchers in black for $5.40. They're in very good shape except for one thing - the interior is worn out at the heel (as pictured in the second photo). Anyone know of an easy way to repair that?

http://imgur.com/a/xCGm0/

reviews on AE.com: http://reviews.allenedmonds.com/7512...ws/reviews.htm

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)
    If it's not too bad you can a see if a cobbler can add a leather insole or even an inexpensive dr scholl insole.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quoted
    110 Post(s)
    Snagged a Hickey Freeman for Nordstrom blazer, made in the USA with Loro Piana Super 110s wool.

Sized 44L, plain navy (or black?), perfect condition. I'm pretty sure it's fully canvassed, as I can feel significant thickness through the chest and waist area.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Picked up a pair of burgundy Alden Full-strap loafers from from goodwill in NJ for $19.99 less $6 store credit. Mild-moderate wear on the soles and uppers in good condition. They're size 11.5 but the previous owner used tongue and heel pads, so they fit my size 11 dogs nicely:

http://i736.photobucket.com/albums/x...pslgokyvuz.jpg
    http://i736.photobucket.com/albums/x...psdillkjxo.jpg

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Quoted
    113 Post(s)
    Does thrifting have to happen at a thrift store? Cause I'm wearing out a local department store's clearance rack to the tune of 90% off. Sometimes that's cheaper than the Goodwill here.

Latest that way was today at lunch, 100% cotton Marc Anthony slim fit white on white stripe spread collar dress shirt...$10.20. That brand and cut fits me like a glove, to tailoring required. Sure beats paying $40-60.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Quoted
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mcadamsandwich View Post
    Snagged a Hickey Freeman for Nordstrom blazer, made in the USA with Loro Piana Super 110s wool.

Sized 44L, plain navy (or black?), perfect condition. I'm pretty sure it's fully canvassed, as I can feel significant thickness through the chest and waist area.

I've picked up two fully canvassed Hickey Freeman blazers off eBay of late for next to nothing. One of them is a bust, but it set me back all of $6 shipped. I'm using it to learn how to do alterations on jackets.

Bad news though...we're the same size.