0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)
    ^Me!!!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    31 Post(s)
    Just picked this up at a local Goodwill.

Anyone familiar enough with the brand to tell me anything about it? Will try to post a "How Does This Fit?" pic eventually.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    61 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jonATL View Post
    Seriously. Let me know who needs what/in what sizes. I have tons of stuff that needs to be listed on ebay that won't likely be listed for a long time because of this new-baby situation.
    40R sport coats!

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    39 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JayS View Post
    Anyone familiar enough with the brand to tell me anything about it? Will try to post a "How Does This Fit?" pic eventually.
    Hickey Freeman is a very solid American suit maker. Their current mainline is very good - probably at the same level in the suit hierarchy as Brooks Brothers Golden Fleece and Canali.

I'm guessing your's is from the early 90s. Here's a conversation about the HF Boardroom from AAAC:

http://www.askandyaboutclothes.com/f...uot-circa-1993

Because of the styling trends at the time your's was made, it has a really low gorge. If the notch in the lapel is lower than your shirt collar points, it's going to look dated. Definitely post a fit pic when you get the chance.

I finally got around to taking some better pictures of a tweed sport coat I posted over on SF about a month ago.

Behold

This thing is stone cold mint, and dare I say NWOT.

I also found this exact sport coat along with it, but I gave (sold at cost) to a good friend:

http://www.magee1866.com/sales-c43/g...ket-nice-p2812

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cotoks View Post
    Hickey Freeman is a very solid American suit maker. Their current mainline is very good - probably at the same level in the suit hierarchy as Brooks Brothers Golden Fleece and Canali.

I'm guessing your's is from the early 90s. Here's a conversation about the HF Boardroom from AAAC:

Because of the styling trends at the time your's was made, it has a really low gorge. If the notch in the lapel is lower than your shirt collar points, it's going to look dated. Definitely post a fit pic when you get the chance.

I finally got around to taking some better pictures of a tweed sport coat I posted over on SF about a month ago.

Behold

I also found this exact sport coat along with it, but I gave (sold at cost) to a good friend:

http://www.magee1866.com/sales-c43/g...ket-nice-p2812
    Thanks for that link. Good info. I had heard the Hickey Freeman name floated about in reference to high-end, quality suiting. But, my concern was that maybe they put their name on a range of quality lines, from poor to stellar ala Ralph Lauren or even Brooks Brothers. I wasn't familiar enough to know if the item I picked up was the quote-unquote real deal.

That jacket you posted looks killer. A little more horsepower than I'd be comfortable with at this point, though. I'm still test-driving the whole idea of wearing sport coats myself. =)

As long as my daughter takes her nap today, I should be able to post fit pics.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)
    Definitely not a thrift score but I was willing to pull the trigger on one of these if I found it below $200. Many many thanks to Put this on hehe.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/321381060774...84.m1439.l2649

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    85 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cotoks View Post

Behold

THAT is amazing

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quoted
    110 Post(s)
    Just picked up this brownish tweed Pendleton Woolen Mills blazer. Has patch pockets, two buttons, single vent, expandable rear shoulder seams, and suede elbow patches. Amazingly, it was in my size albeit a bit large. This will make an excellent blazer this fall.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    85 Post(s)
    Q: When can Jos Bank be considered "the good stuff?"

A:

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    39 Post(s)
    Thrifted my first pair of shells this afternoon:

Older pair of AE Randolphs. I now understand what all the fuss is about.