Page 1 of 264 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Thrifting

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Quoted
    75 Post(s)

Thrifting

Hey, Out of my own curiosity, how many of you guys thrift? I'd like to guage the market of savvy well dressed thrifters to see who I'm up against in the thrift market lol...

"The key to Success is the Quality of Execution"
    I>0<I

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I don't thrift, but I'm definitely looking into it.

I see so many guys online who claim these awesome thrift finds, I really can't resist getting in on the action.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Quoted
    75 Post(s)

you have to man...there is so much to find and with mens fashion being timeless, your finds will always be amazing, you can find sweet BB shirts for 2 bucks...

I really want to find a pair of AE or Alden shoes and send them out and have them redone becasue they have lifetime warranties...

I>0<I

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I thrift. I'm not a crazy go every week guy, more like once every two or three weeks. I have to though, I'm a poor undergrad.

I've found a couple of Florheims, Cole Haans, and one or two AE, and one Alden. The last two didn't fit me. Most of my ties are from thrifting, and I love them. All of my cufflinks, tie bars and tie clips are from thrifting, some of my shirts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I go thrifting sometimes. I have found some pretty good things. Got a pair of Keith Highlanders tassel loafers for $20 a couple of months ago. That was the best thing I've ever found while thrifting.

If you're patient you can definitely get some good buys.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Quoted
    75 Post(s)

I agree with both comments, i dont thrift all the time but i like to go every 2-3 weeks to a couple of stores. Wont ever get rich buying brand new. lol

I>0<I

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Another thrifter here. Given the crazy cuts of the past 5 decades, I've never been too successful with shirts, suits or pants but I keep trying. Have found some great shoes, ties and accessories though. Also had some success with antique stores for shoes, umbrella, sunglasses.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quoted
    85 Post(s)

I'm sure this is a long shot, but I don't suppose there are any Twin Cities folks here that know of any decent thrift stores around this area?

"You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I thrift. I don't usually find anything good, but I've lucked out with a few button-ups and a really nice looking slim(ish) paisley tie.

I've never bought pants at thrift shops and I've quit looking.

A note though: Though I never find decent shoes for myself (size 13), I did buy my buddy a pair of black Florsheim wing tips. He needed to polish them, but I felt good about getting him a pair of leather lace-ups he could wear when it's necessary.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Quoted
    75 Post(s)

yea, i agree to all points made, i have found shoes (brand new brogues) in a cognac US made. The company must have had a crazy surplus and they gave it all to the salvation army and i got in there early and picked them up...i cant ever find accessories though... i really wanna score some vintage wayfarer's

I>0<I