Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lands' End Canvas is back?

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Quoted
    137 Post(s)

Lands' End Canvas is back?

Did I miss something? Not sure if everyone already knows this, but I got a promo email this morning "introducing" Lands' End Canvas

Doesn't seem to be a lot of selection yet, and the styling is pretty different from the Canvas from a few years ago. Just an FYI for those interested!

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quoted
    356 Post(s)
    Yup, just checked Lands' End this morning and saw it in the website header. Selection looks relatively expensive ($300 chambray suit jacket?). I wonder if their stuff will go on sale for 30% off every other week like normal Lands' End does.

Mentioned
    414 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1967 Post(s)
    Saw this. Not sure how I feel about it. The collection itself is all right, but the prices are high and the products are excluded from promos. At those prices there are a lot of competing brands at play.

I see they're offering size 36 jackets though. I hope that trickles down to the mainline LE stuff.
    Ben

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quoted
    238 Post(s)
    Meh. Not a huge deviation from current LE offerings, except when it comes to price. Nothing really caught my eye.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quoted
    173 Post(s)
    Generally not impressed with what is initially available on the website. Previous Canvas stuff was pretty nice looking. Given that a lot of things that might have previously shown up as Canvas are now Lands' End mainline (tailored and slim fit versions of classic styles), I'm not sure where they are going to go with this.

Dappered Veteran
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Quoted
    513 Post(s)
    The women's collection looks so much better.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Quoted
    137 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LosRockets View Post
    The women's collection looks so much better.
    Sadly I just don't have the figure to pull this off:

Mentioned
    414 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1967 Post(s)
    Yesterday when I was checking the status of my order I saw a tab on the website that said something like "designer." I looked at it - it had some copy about stuff "coming soon" and had a bunch of pictures of what I now see is the "Canvas by Lands' End" collection. The women's collection, as @LosRockets notes, is at least more notably distinct from the mainline LE stuff than the men's collection.

I think it's safe to say that LE is going to push the relaunched Canvas as its higher-end, more fashion-conscious, more urban-minded sub-brand... similar to what J.Crew does with Wallace & Barnes I guess (at least in terms of the price markup). Somewhat different than the original Canvas concept, which was in line with mainline LE in terms of pricing and overall styling but offered younger, "hipper" cuts and fits.
    Ben

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quoted
    279 Post(s)
    http://www.landsend.com/products/men...91?sku_0=::H96

These aren't bad for a low price dress shoe. Both colors look sharp and the rubber sole would work for the wet spring weather.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    23 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by batkins9 View Post
    http://www.landsend.com/products/men...91?sku_0=::H96

These aren't bad for a low price dress shoe. Both colors look sharp and the rubber sole would work for the wet spring weather.
    Agreed. The LE and LEC shoes that I've picked up over the years have been well-made and have provided a lot of bang for my buck. I'm considering picking up a pair of those when the price inevitably drops.