Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Semi OT: Beard Trimmer

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)
    I have the Philips Norelco BeardTrimmer 7300, bought 6 months ago. Internet said it was the best one. I really like it. And 2.5 yr warranty

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Quoted
    291 Post(s)
    The best beard trimmer for "growing out" facial hair is a good pair of stainless steel scissors and an assortment of combs.

Mentioned
    179 Post(s)
    Quoted
    839 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Midlife crisis View Post
    I have the Philips Norelco BeardTrimmer 7300, bought 6 months ago. Internet said it was the best one. I really like it. And 2.5 yr warranty
    I got this one as well on the interweb's recommendation, and I'm a bit underwhelmed. I had a previous version of a Philips Norelco that performed better in many respects. The guard on this one bothers me a bit (sometimes it catches on hair or pinches skin) and I find that it doesn't give as even of a beard trim. Note that I keep my beard somewhat short (I use the 5mm length), which means I need a legit even trim otherwise it'll look patchy. I may try out a Wahl or similar hair trimmer to see if it turns out better, but haven't gotten around to buying one.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    19 Post(s)
    For last 15 years I have been using Wahl. First one lasted about 10 years, and this one is on its 5th. Lithium Ion version seems to be around $40 everywhere ;Made in America.
    Last edited by sierra.alpha; December 18th, 2015 at 12:37 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I have a cheap trimmer and I notice the guards are too long for the area directly under my nose. It bugs me to not get that section even. Am I the only one annoyed with this? Do you think one of the trimmers you guys already suggested would be better?

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quoted
    175 Post(s)
    I use a mid-range norelco that's probably 10 years old. It does the job. I have, in the past, kept my beard pretty short but this winter it's getting bushy, maybe 2 inches or so. At this point i'm mostly just cleaning it up with scissors. I'm trying to let the mustache area grow and it's pretty much the most annoying thing ever. in a few weeks it should be long enough to kinda "train" away from my mouth hopefully.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)
    Here is a comparison review article to check out: The Best Beard Trimmer

Mentioned
    179 Post(s)
    Quoted
    839 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hornsup84 View Post
    I got this one as well on the interweb's recommendation, and I'm a bit underwhelmed. I had a previous version of a Philips Norelco that performed better in many respects. The guard on this one bothers me a bit (sometimes it catches on hair or pinches skin) and I find that it doesn't give as even of a beard trim. Note that I keep my beard somewhat short (I use the 5mm length), which means I need a legit even trim otherwise it'll look patchy. I may try out a Wahl or similar hair trimmer to see if it turns out better, but haven't gotten around to buying one.
    Following up on this post, I got a Wahl Lithium Ion trimmer and it's pretty fantastic. I don't really need anything crazy, but it does the job well and gives a nice consistent trim.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Wahl for sure. Lithium battery is convenient, but they end up losing power after 1-2 years. If you have an outlet close to your sink, I would get a Wahl peanut. It's small, does the job better than anything else, and no worries about batteries etc.

Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Quoted
    65 Post(s)
    I have been using this Gillette one for the past year. Basic but works well - http://www.amazon.com/Gillette-Fusio.../dp/B0062IWQVU
    Measurement Reference: 5'11" 173lbs 40R 32x32