Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How do you bring your things to work?

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quoted
    19 Post(s)
    I picked up a custom order of this bag in dark brown and had them add a removable shoulder strap. Great for a laptop but doesn't have the space for a lunch bag.
    https://www.etsy.com/listing/2121044..._home_active_7

Separately picked up the Blue Claw tote featured in the 10 bets under $75 earlier this week; eager to see how it works out!
    http://www.blueclawco.com/collection...arket-tote-tan

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ryan View Post
    I picked up a custom order of this bag in dark brown and had them add a removable shoulder strap. Great for a laptop but doesn't have the space for a lunch bag.
    https://www.etsy.com/listing/2121044..._home_active_7

Separately picked up the Blue Claw tote featured in the 10 bets under $75 earlier this week; eager to see how it works out!
    http://www.blueclawco.com/collection...arket-tote-tan
    That tote looks great!

It sounds like I'm going to have to live with carrying my lunch and bag separately. That Bespoke one looks REALLY good.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    13 Post(s)
    This Solo messenger bag is my go-to for most days:
    http://www.amazon.com/SOLO-Premium-M...+messenger+bag

I sometimes use a Samsonite black leather duffle bag when I need to bring extra scrubs (I work in a hospital).

Looking at purchasing a good weekender bag now, if anyone has any great suggestions. Really considering the CombatGent weekender in black leather.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    That Solo bag looks awesome! And a hell of a lot cheaper than some $700 Saddlebeck

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    31 Post(s)
    After a LOT of searching, I bought this one. It's leather but not overly formal, it holds a ton of stuff, won't break the bank, and can take a beating from travel.

If you have a little more to spend, you could look at this one from Jack Georges or this one from Korchmar

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Windmill, is the quality difference worth the price difference?

I could save up for a big purchase, since this is something I'll use for years either way. It's just if the money is worth spending.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aaron View Post
    Windmill, is the quality difference worth the price difference?

I could save up for a big purchase, since this is something I'll use for years either way. It's just if the money is worth spending.
    Well, only you can decide that of course. You can get a cheap nylon bag for $10 that will do the job just as well. But a briefcase is something you'll use every day. It's a hassle to move stuff from one briefcase to another, so most likely you'll only have one. Let's say it lasts you 10 years. During that period, you'll go wear dozens of shirts, sport coats, suits, shoes, socks, and ties. But you'll carry only one briefcase.

So it's worth spending a little money. Whether that's $40, $400 or $2400, that's a very personal decision.

The reason I went with a more affordable bag for now is that I haven't found my "perfect" bag yet. I don't mind spending $400 on a briefcase, but it better be something I'll use for a decade.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    You're wise, Windmill. Thanks for the context for your decision

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    23 Post(s)
    I use my navy filson briefcase everyday and love it. It usually contains gym clothes (no sneakers) and my lunchbox. If I have to transport my laptop than I need another bag but that doesn't happen all that often. If you have a lot of stuff you could go for the Filson computerbag which is bigger. They are a little pricey but the construction is great and you can find them on sale at places like Brooks Brothers from time to time.

I would throw out Frost River as well. I have their flight bag and use it as my weekender/carry on and it's very well built. They make a number of briefcases and messengers that are worth checking out. Price-wise, they are a little cheaper than Filson.