Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How do you bring your things to work?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Question How do you bring your things to work?

Hi all! I am trying to come up with an attractive way to bring my work stuff and a lunch box to work. Right now, I have a Jansport backpack and a cheap blue lunchbox. It gets the job done, but it would look equally appropriate on a five-year-old as it does on me. I aspire to buy some sort of beautiful brown leather briefcase that I will be proud of carrying--do you know of something like that that has enough space for work stuff, lunch, and a water bottle?

Since I work in various sites, I have to bring a lot of items with me to work every day. These include a laptop, mouse, notebook, pens, assorted miscellany that currently stays in my backpack's small pocket (e.g. painkiller, mints, hand sanitizer). I also bring a lunch box and a water bottle. I'd like to put that all in something that I can carry in one handle.

What do you think?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)
    I got the briefcase from Bespoke post. It's the perfect briefcase that looks grown-up without being overly formal. Joe reviewed it here and I think he liked it to. $45 is tough to beat, and it looks much nicer than the price.

Edit: This guy
    Last edited by MrBourbon; December 17th, 2015 at 03:48 PM.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Quoted
    760 Post(s)
    I use this but I keep my carry items minimal. It wouldn't carry all that you need I take that stuff in to the office on monday and leave it in the fridge
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ilpage_o07_s00

I also have this targus backpack for when I am traveling or just need to carrya lot of crap
    http://www.amazon.com/Targus-Legend-...argus+backpack

I dont work for Targus, they are just one of our approved brands at my job so that is what they pay for. I like both bags.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quoted
    189 Post(s)
    I'm a HUGE fan of this Samsonite bag I bought from Amazon. (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...rch_detailpage ) It looks like it should cost twice as much as it does, and it should be roomy enough to carry everything that you mentioned. I've carried 2 laptops, assorted files and other stuff as well as lunch in it. Ships and returns free with Amazon prime. I couldn't endorse this bag enough. No, the leather isn't totally top-of-the-line, but the price reflects that.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Quoted
    265 Post(s)
    I'd recommend a messenger bag type than a brief case. With the bag you can get some that expand to accommodate the days you have lunch and extra supplies etc.

For lunch I use one of the portable tote type bags you get everywhere (I use a smaller one I got from donating to the national zoo). I carry it separately on the way to work and then when all done I can fold it up in my work bag for the commute home.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBourbon View Post
    I got the briefcase from Bespoke post. It's the perfect briefcase that looks grown-up without being overly formal. Joe reviewed it here and I think he liked it to. $45 is tough to beat, and it looks much nicer than the price.

I have this as well and love it. One of my favorite recent purchases.

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Quoted
    762 Post(s)
    I carry a Swiss bag from Target. It goes with me to work and all over the world for travel. It doesn't look great but it carries my lunch containers which vary in size and whatever else I bring to work.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quoted
    106 Post(s)

How do you bring your things to work?

I love man bags, out of necessity commuting by train/subway everyday & just like the look of carrying a nice bag & don't like things in my pockets. For my workday bags I rotate between a Orobianco canvas & leather brief, a Porter messenger bag, & a Sazaby large brown leather tote. All 3 work great and carry an iPad 2, miscellaneous files, portable umbrella, a book, chargers, coffee tumbler, other assorted stuff, and a compact lunch box (from Muji). Will also fit my laptop but don't cart that around everyday. For casual carry on the weekends & going out have totes & mini messengers from Manhattan Portage, Porter, Journal Standard, & BAPE.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quoted
    106 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBourbon View Post

That is a very sharp bag! Only 45USD? I'm going to have to look into signing up for Bespoke Post.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Quoted
    318 Post(s)
    I use a black grain leather Cole Haan briefcase. Very supple leather without being heavy weight and it overall on the smaller side. Can fit a 14 inch laptop, an umbrella, water bottle, a few folders and a notepad, as well as cords, keys and business cards.