Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Recommendations on a true no-show sock.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Quoted
    471 Post(s)

Recommendations on a true no-show sock.

Looking for recommendations on a true no-show sock. Something that can be worn with Vans, Weejuns, boat shoes, camp mocs, etc. that truly doesn't show. Shomas recommended some the other day, but I couldnt find the post via the search function. I figure this is the time of year to break these out, so if you have any suggestions, please add them. I have some Ninja Sox already, and they are pretty good. They have a new 3.0 model available, but can only be ordered in quantities of 1, 6, and 12. Thanks in advance!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    72 Post(s)
    I have some Sheec socks that have been excellent so far. Truly no-show and they don't slip either.

http://www.amazon.com/SHEEC-SoleHugg...keywords=sheec

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Quoted
    471 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by goodwillhinton View Post
    I have some Sheec socks that have been excellent so far. Truly no-show and they don't slip either.

http://www.amazon.com/SHEEC-SoleHugg...keywords=sheec
    Thanks for the rec. Those look nice. I like how they have the silicone grips in the heel to keep them from slipping.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    33 Post(s)
    I found some ladies (Yes ladies) no show socks at Walmart. I bought them in a pinch when I was on vacation. I believe the brand was "Spec?" The elastic was nice, and they have a rubber piece in the heel that prevents them from slipping.

Edit...I realize that they might actually be the same socks referenced in the above post from Sheec. I'll have to check when I get home!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    20 Post(s)
    I have used JOURNEYS socks, particularly the 'liners' and 'footies'.
    Last edited by kmarizo; June 17th, 2015 at 08:40 AM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    20 Post(s)
    I don't have personal experience with these but on the front page, Joe included a link to Ninja Socks: On the 3.0 model, they tout a 'true no show' sock good for TOM'S, loafers, boat shoes, mocs, sneakers, etc. with silicone no slip grips on the inside heel.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quoted
    238 Post(s)
    I picked up a pair of Kenneth Cole no shows at Marshall's last week... paid like $12 for 4 pairs. They had a catchy slogan on them- "The Game is Afoot".

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Quoted
    445 Post(s)
    My recommendation was probably for Sperry's "Skimmers." (http://www.amazon.com/Sperry-Top-Sid...erry+Top-Sider) They've been the best I've tried so far.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    63 Post(s)
    I've tried many brands, but still have not found a no-show sock that won't slip. I almost wonder if the shape of my (wide) foot is the issue. Maybe wide feet cause the back to pull down? We need an engineer here to design one that actually grips the bottom of the foot while remaining comfortable/breathable. Then we can post it on Kickstarter and get rich. Who's with me?

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    50 Post(s)
    I've never found a non-slip sock that's actually no-show, either. The ones that don't show, slip. The ones that don't slip, show. Most of them do both.

Best solution I've found are a pair of washable terrycloth insoles: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ilpage_o07_s00