View Poll Results: Who's got the goods, lid-wise?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • akosmowski

1 3.85%
  • Shomas

14 53.85%
  • omtndlsswrds

11 42.31%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sunday Challenge 11/9/2014 - Show Us Your Lid!

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quoted
    154 Post(s)

Sunday Challenge 11/9/2014 - Show Us Your Lid!

Gentlemen, welcome! I'm rather fond of hats. I have a small collection, and for good or ill, I like them very much. So, the challenge for this week is to show us the best outfit you can build utilizing your favorite cranium cover as the pinnacle of your ensemble!

EDIT: Additional clarification: "Hat" is up to your interpretation. As Shomas suggested, if you'd like to wear a slice of lunchmeat, by all means, have at it! </edit>

Note: I realize not everyone shares my affinity for hats *gasp* - so for that reason, if hats just don't quite cover it for you, scarves may suffice as an alternative (thought you must wear them wrapped upon your head, turban-style... kidding, kidding).

Standard rules:

- Challenge proposed on Tuesday or early Wednesday
    - Rules solidified throughout the week
    - On Sunday or before, all participants dress according to challenge guidelines
    - Entries recorded Sunday night, voting begins
    - Winner declared on Tuesday evening
    - Winner is responsible for next week's theme
    Last edited by Mr. Charles; November 5th, 2014 at 12:10 PM. Reason: Clarification

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quoted
    48 Post(s)
    I'm in for this one. Hopefully, the weather will cooperate with me on this one.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quoted
    211 Post(s)
    I have a large collection of ball caps, but only two hats that aren't caps. And only one is work appropriate. The other is a straw cowboy hat. (The legit kind. Not the cheesy stuff with beer logos on it.) Anyways, I'm in if weather permits. It's a very seasonal hat.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Quoted
    299 Post(s)
    Woohoo! Tomorrow's gonna be 88; I can wear my panama hat.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quoted
    107 Post(s)
    88. In November? Eesh, and I was complaining about 70 degree weather today.

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Quoted
    445 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by alan View Post
    I have a large collection of ball caps, but only two hats that aren't caps. And only one is work appropriate. The other is a straw cowboy hat. (The legit kind. Not the cheesy stuff with beer logos on it.) Anyways, I'm in if weather permits. It's a very seasonal hat.
    Alan, I'm legitimately very excited about your cowboy hat entry. Please do not let me down, here.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Quoted
    335 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by alan View Post
    Likewise. And as an asian guy, I always get funny looks wearing my cowboy hat. Go figure.

Only other hats I have are beanies and bro-caps. Meh.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quoted
    154 Post(s)
    Additional clarification: While I did have true hats in mind (fedora, homburg, western, etc...) ivy caps, newsboys and the like are also acceptable.

As far as ball caps go I'd lean toward avoiding them because of their ultra-casual nature. What are your thoughts on ball caps? Acceptable for the challenge or not?

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quoted
    211 Post(s)
    Oh, I'm not suggesting I'd put a ball cap into this challenge. I mostly save those for game days or if I'm going to be out in the sun all day. I just seem to have a ton of them.

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Quoted
    445 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Charles View Post
    Additional clarification: While I did have true hats in mind (fedora, homburg, western, etc...) ivy caps, newsboys and the like are also acceptable.

As far as ball caps go I'd lean toward avoiding them because of their ultra-casual nature. What are your thoughts on ball caps? Acceptable for the challenge or not?
    My preference would be to put as few restrictions on the challenge as possible. Let entrants interpret "hat" how they want and the voting can sort things out. If someone wants to wear a slice of lunchmeat on their forehead and call it a hat, let 'em do it - and we can judge whether it was a successful interpretation of the challenge theme or not.