Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Your Favorite Summer Shoes

Banned
    Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Quoted
    665 Post(s)

Your Favorite Summer Shoes

Offering a respite from the "what should I buy" thread that predominates these days. Just asking, instead, to tell us what you love wearing on your feet when the weather turns nice and summery. Talking only about your off-the-clock choices, not stuff for the office. Ballgame days, hammock, the lazy day vibe.

For me, nothing is better for summer, or better puts me in the mind for summer, than a couple of Sperry styles. I love my OA Topsider boat shoes and my white CVO Stripers.

I'll also go with my natural white Converse oxford chucks, to change things up. And I'm hankering for a pair of those in the high-top version, although that feels more like fall to me.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quoted
    106 Post(s)

Banned
    Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Quoted
    665 Post(s)
    Serious responses only, please.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quoted
    106 Post(s)
    Sorry, it's Friday just got to the office and really don't want to be here.....

Definitely Vans classic lace ups. Have both black and a washed Navy with hiking type laces. I will wear my Vans with just about anything; denim, shorts (the very few times I wear shorts), chinos, even twill dress trousers no socks ala JC catalog. Waiting on my Sperry Topsiders to arrive and looking forward to sporting those. I havn't had boat shoes since elementary school!

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)
    my favorite would be my sperry penny loafers. they're super soft and comfortable.

Mentioned
    394 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1804 Post(s)
    I've got these Timberland suede moccasins from a while back... they fulfill the role of a boat shoe in my wardrobe:

Off-white Chucks (with yellow hiking laces):

Tevas sandals for the lake (more functional than stylish, but I like these utilitarian "Original" models):

For more business casual wear, I really like my J&M suede wingtips. But they're getting a bit worn out.

Ben

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quoted
    142 Post(s)
    Right now my favorites are Sebago Docksides (brown with white sole). I'm still hoping to pick up some OSB/Rancourt/Quoddy penny loafers though, and I think those might take the lead. I have a pair of grey, low top Chucks that I wear occasionally, but I just haven't been much of a sneaker guy lately. I find myself wearing these less and less, but on the really brutally hot (and super casual) days, I'll still pull out my hemp Rainbows occasionally.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quoted
    115 Post(s)
    Not cheap, but worth every penny:

http://www.zappos.com/olukai-mea-ola...140417212028:s

Banned
    Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Quoted
    665 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deke View Post
    Right now my favorites are Sebago Docksides (brown with white sole). I'm still hoping to pick up some OSB/Rancourt/Quoddy penny loafers though, and I think those might take the lead. I have a pair of grey, low top Chucks that I wear occasionally, but I just haven't been much of a sneaker guy lately. I find myself wearing these less and less, but on the really brutally hot (and super casual) days, I'll still pull out my hemp Rainbows occasionally.
    A reminder that I lust after some Rancourt and Quoddy boat shoes. Some day.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quoted
    106 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Duvel View Post
    A reminder that I lust after some Rancourt and Quoddy boat shoes. Some day.
    I saw both those when researching my Sperry purchase. Very sharp! But definitely an investment, $250-300 for boat shoes!