Results 1,051 to 1,060 of 1753

Thread: Combatant Gentleman

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quoted
    256 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Devon View Post
    Do you actually own one of their slim fit suits? I felt like mine was true to the "slim" billing, but just out of curiosity I measured it against one of my Napoli suits. Pit to pit was about 1/4 to 1/2 an inch roomier on the CG suit, and measured the exact same across the midsection. Both jackets were 36S. Both my slacks were tapered by my tailor, so I can't really provide OTR measurements there.

Given how close it measures to the Napoli, I can only assume then that you find the Napoli boxy as well? Can you provide your measurements?

What he meant was that other companies that sell suits at the same price as CG have boxy slim fit suits versus a true slim.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)
    Vishaal, will you be restocking indigo slim straight selvedge denim?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)
    So an update with my Endurance Denim. The fit and fabric are fantastic. Probably my favorite pair of denim I've ever owned in that regard. However, they've faded like crazy after 2 washings in three weeks. I wear them every day and my job is a little messy so spot cleaning doesn't last long. My charcoal Chinos have faded considerably but not this fast. I don't want SYCK FAYDZ, so I've done some research and will be attempting to dye them using a higher quality dye. Just something to watch out for.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Quoted
    117 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mike dragon View Post
    So an update with my Endurance Denim. The fit and fabric are fantastic. Probably my favorite pair of denim I've ever owned in that regard. However, they've faded like crazy after 2 washings in three weeks. I wear them every day and my job is a little messy so spot cleaning doesn't last long. My charcoal Chinos have faded considerably but not this fast. I don't want SYCK FAYDZ, so I've done some research and will be attempting to dye them using a higher quality dye. Just something to watch out for.
    Bummer.

I've got a pair of the new Workhorse pants coming tonight, the 60/40 wool/poly blend. Curious to see how the fit is vs. the slim fit of the suits. Supposed to be similar.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Quoted
    117 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ronrob View Post
    Bummer.

I've got a pair of the new Workhorse pants coming tonight, the 60/40 wool/poly blend. Curious to see how the fit is vs. the slim fit of the suits. Supposed to be similar.
    Workhorse pants fit is super close to the slim fit in the suits. About 1/2" less in the waist (feels like a 34" now, still just a hair big on me), and the 34 inseam is about 1/2" longer than stated. Cut in the hips is a skosh smaller.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    21 Post(s)
    Just took delivery of some suit pants today. As a first-time buyer, I am very impressed with the value for the money. I do have one minor pet peeve though--given this is mail order, is there any way to use a less damaging tag than the cardboard tag and the plastic staples? My brain knows that you haven't compromised the integrity of the fabric by doing it, but it doesn't make it feel any less violated. Aside from that quibble, can't wait to get them hemmed.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)
    I am a little worried about the quality of these suits. I got my suit about a month ago but only started wearing it recently for work. I have gotten a ton of compliments on it and it fits great, but there is a already a hole in the left inside big breast pocket and along the stitching right next to the left pocket. I really like how the suit looks so i want to continue buying more but now I'm a little worried these suits won't last that long for me at work. this problem is compounded a little by the fact that this is my first career job so i don't have the money now to keep repairing suits. For reference i got the slim fit charcoal suit.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quoted
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sherman1001 View Post
    I am a little worried about the quality of these suits. I got my suit about a month ago but only started wearing it recently for work. I have gotten a ton of compliments on it and it fits great, but there is a already a hole in the left inside big breast pocket and along the stitching right next to the left pocket. I really like how the suit looks so i want to continue buying more but now I'm a little worried these suits won't last that long for me at work. this problem is compounded a little by the fact that this is my first career job so i don't have the money now to keep repairing suits. For reference i got the slim fit charcoal suit.
    I have five or six suits from CG that I've been wearing for a while. The first one I got was the slim fit charcoal, as many times as I've worn it over the last 9 months or so, I haven't had anything like that happen to it. I do notice loose thread on their shirts from time-to-time, but nice on the suits. They've all held up pretty well. They even travel pretty well too. Maybe contact their customer service department.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    22 Post(s)
    Jeez, can they please get their stock and returns figured out. It shouldn't take almost a month to process a return, (and then only when the customer initiates it), also, when you have a customer service chat line on your website make sure there is someone there to chat when it is (supposedly) active. End rant.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quoted
    114 Post(s)
    Any new update on release date for the Weekender Bag? Any details on future colors?