Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shorts?

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)

Red face Shorts?

Shorts people? I know its a no no for you working folk, but as a college student I don't always get a nice AC'ed room. What are good brands that do not have super baggy / long inseams / too short / too long.

Thanks!

P.S Im usually a 28 for jeans

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    These from jcrew are the only I've found that work for me: http://www.jcrew.com/mens_special_si...~~11/62974.jsp

Flat front, hit just above the knee, look "formal" (as far as shorts go) but without the permanent crease found on some golf shorts so they can be dressed up or down (again, as far as shorts go).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Check out Target's Merona brand of short. Similar length to the J Crew shorts. From $15-$25.
    "We had a sick night b*tches!"

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Quoted
    172 Post(s)
    Target's Merona Tailored shorts are still too baggy for my skinny legs. I really like JCP's Oxford Shorts. The leg is slim and long enough for my liking. The oxford weave adds visual interest without having a pattern.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    39 Post(s)
    JCrew Factory has some good ones. 9 inch inseam, $50 retail but 30% off right now ($35).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    http://threads.dappered.com/showthre...ghlight=shorts

Another earlier thread dedicated to shorts.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DerekH View Post
    JCrew Factory has some good ones. 9 inch inseam, $50 retail but 30% off right now ($35).
    I have 3 pair of the 9" Gramercy shorts. I like them alot. They seem well made and the fit is good. I was used to a 10"-11" inseam, so they seemed short at first, but I'm liking them now. I also picked up 2 pairs of the Stanton from J. Crew this week. They fit about the same as the Gramercy, and the quality only seems slightly better. I got them for $19 as they were running 30% off of sale items in store.

I have some from Target as well, one pair of Merona and one pair of Mossimo (got them last summer before the others). They are definitely longer/baggier than either the JC or JCF. The quality is ok, but I'd go with the JC or JCF on sale before I'd get these again.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    39 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkB View Post
    I also picked up 2 pairs of the Stanton from J. Crew this week. They fit about the same as the Gramercy, and the quality only seems slightly better. I got them for $19 as they were running 30% off of sale items in store. .
    Yeah, I honestly can't tell much difference between the JCF and the JCREW proper shorts. I own a few pairs of both but don't see why I would pay the premium at this point.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DerekH View Post
    Yeah, I honestly can't tell much difference between the JCF and the JCREW proper shorts. I own a few pairs of both but don't see why I would pay the premium at this point.
    Completely agree. I have felt that way about most things between the two, with the exception of suiting of course. I will say that the slim fit sport shirts from JC fit me a little better, because they have more room in the chest/shoulders. The lightweight shirts from JC are also noticeably thinner (without feeling cheap, if that makes sense) than the JCF lightweight shirts, which is nice down here in FL. That said, these small differences don't justify they $20+ price difference they usually charge IMO.
    Last edited by MarkB; May 19th, 2013 at 09:38 PM.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Pick up some Cotton Jeans shorts and you would be happy for next 3 years at least