Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: eBay questions

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

eBay questions

What do you all make of this jacket? Obviously top quality wool, and French lining looks like high quality workmanship... But who made it? I'm intrigued. How much would you pay to find out if it's good?

http://bit.ly/10LRQxV

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I ask a lot of eBay questions, so perhaps I can quarantine myself to this thread.

Varsity Member Sigtweed Corduroy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BB View Post
    What do you all make of this jacket? Obviously top quality wool, and French lining looks like high quality workmanship... But who made it? I'm intrigued. How much would you pay to find out if it's good?

http://bit.ly/10LRQxV
    Looks very sharp. No clue on the maker though. Perhaps it is colored by personal preference, but is the three button versatile enough? Might be worth it up to $100 or so?
    "Waste no time arguing what a good man should be. Be one." Marcus Aurelius

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    One possible detail on it: I'm not sure if it has vents? Obviously can't see a single rear, but two at the sides might be there or might not?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    You could try contacting the seller to find out who made it. I do think there's something a little strange about patch pockets with 2-roll-3 buttons, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim View Post
    One possible detail on it: I'm not sure if it has vents? Obviously can't see a single rear, but two at the sides might be there or might not?
    Looks like side vents to me.
    Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society. ~Twain

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DXLi View Post
    Looks like side vents to me.
    Yeah, I see the angle on the rear shot and think so, but I also don't see anything on the interior shot and it confuses me

Edit: Nvm, it's described as "Dual rear vents" in the notes.
    Last edited by Tim; May 14th, 2013 at 02:51 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah, the "little strange" part is why this intrigued me. It looks well made but ultimately it's a confusing listing. I just saw it, and haven't heard back from the seller (and with an hour left likely won't). I'm not buying it, but I actually might regret that. I'd like more jackets with patterns on them.

By the way, looks more grey than brown, no?

Banned
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    61 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigtweed Corduroy View Post
    is the three button versatile enough?
    I don't think that's a true 3 button - look at the lapel roll near that top button. I think it's a 3-roll-2. I don't recognize the inside label, but you might find it here: http://www.styleforum.net/t/24109/ho...he-maker/0_100
    Lanificio di Tollegno is the fabric manufacturer, not the suit maker. Finished seams on the inside, it looks pretty nice! The inside tag has (7/06) on it. I think that just a tag printing date but in any case it means the jacket is fairly recent. Only 5 min left, but I bet it's at least worth the minimum. If the measurements fit you, I'd take a shot on it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I ended up passing... If it relists, I might jump on it, though. Fred, that thread is amazing. Long, but amazing.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Quoted
    208 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BB View Post
    By the way, looks more grey than brown, no?
    I've found it very difficult to trust colors on ebay. I've seen greens look grey and greys look brown. I usually try to find the same item elsewhere to confirm color, but it sounds like you would have a hard time doing that.