Thread: Tucked In Polo is in style or not?

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Tucked In Polo is in style or not?

Wondering if the polo tucked in jeans specially white polo with blue jeans and topsiders is in style or not? any suggestions

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    The only time I tuck my polo in is when I play golf at a really fancy place. Not a big fan of the tucked in polo look anywhere else.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I generally only tuck long sleeved polos, since they might pass for somewhat serious clothing. Tucking short sleeved polos is a crime of varying severity. It's a super-casual shirt, and trying to make it look refined just makes the wearer look confused. Do it with shorts and you might as well put on white calf socks with jandals.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    It all depends on the setting and the type of polo you are are planning to wear. If it is a longer, classic polo with a "tail", you should tuck it in. If you have a more trim, shorter polo that extends around 1-2 inches past your waist, it will look good untucked as well.
    There is no crime to tuck in your polo with dark jeans either- pair it with a nice belt and shoes, and you are ready for a date.
    Tucked or untucked, just make sure it is fitting and right length, and not sloppy, so you dont look like one of those guys with polo tail hanging past their jeans pockets.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I wear polos with jeans and chinos. Some polos I tuck in and some I don't. Just make sure you match well with the rest of your outfit if you tuck in. For example, a fancy dress belt or formal shoes could be over the top.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quoted
    69 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sierra.alpha View Post
    It all depends on the setting and the type of polo you are are planning to wear. If it is a longer, classic polo with a "tail", you should tuck it in. If you have a more trim, shorter polo that extends around 1-2 inches past your waist, it will look good untucked as well.
    There is no crime to tuck in your polo with dark jeans either- pair it with a nice belt and shoes, and you are ready for a date.
    Tucked or untucked, just make sure it is fitting and right length, and not sloppy, so you dont look like one of those guys with polo tail hanging past their jeans pockets.
    Took the words right out of my mouth.
    "The key to Success is the Quality of Execution"
    I>0<I

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    27 Post(s)
    I don't wear polos at all, so you know maybe I don't know how to wear them, but if I did I would tend to go with untucked, except when wearing them with a jacket. having shirt tails sticking out the bottom of a jacket looks pretty terrible to me.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    I usually don't tuck with jeans, but do with chinos and dress pants. I'm trying to picture a good look with a polo tucked into jeans and I am struggling. I think it's one of those combinations that are difficult to pull off for 90% of the population and requires perfectly fitted items.
    Last edited by mister_deez; May 9th, 2013 at 10:39 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DXLi View Post
    I generally only tuck long sleeved polos, since they might pass for somewhat serious clothing. Tucking short sleeved polos is a crime of varying severity. It's a super-casual shirt, and trying to make it look refined just makes the wearer look confused. Do it with shorts and you might as well put on white calf socks with jandals.
    Is that you in your profile picture with a polo tucked in?

Dappered Veteran
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    36 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by j.r. View Post
    Is that you in your profile picture with a polo tucked in?
    I assumed it wasn't with the white belt etc. He's had sound advice/recommendations for most things and it seems so "different" from what I've read in his post.

I think it's being more pushed in to him though than tucked.
    Last edited by shad0w4life; May 9th, 2013 at 03:22 PM.