Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Abercrombie & Fitch doesn't want larger people shopping in their stores.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Abercrombie & Fitch doesn't want larger people shopping in their stores.

http://elitedaily.com/news/world/abe...es-fat-chicks/

“He (AF's CEO) doesn’t want larger people shopping in his store, he wants thin and beautiful people,”

Can I infer that, when I can't find tall sizes, other companies don't want me shopping there?

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)
    Had a friend (Note: She's a plus sized woman, and I find her as beautiful as any other woman... on the inside) post this and was quite irate. I personally, have no problem with it. In clothing your selling an idea as much as you are a fabric, especially when it's a brand that chooses to plaster its logo everywhere. If you want to keep the image of being hip to young, skinny, beautiful people why would you bother producing for any other demographic?

The CEO should just learn some tact in handling the inquiries, that's all. He's not that attractive of a person himself. Kinda looks like Gary Busey got stung by a bee.

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Quoted
    123 Post(s)
    Is this article written in parody? I don't trust the source.

That being said, if the CEO of this company actually holds this attitude towards large women then it is inexcusable.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Quoted
    283 Post(s)
    Honestly, not sure why anyone cares about what the Abercrombie CEO thinks. Particularly since the relevant quotes date to 2006.

When I was in middle school and high school (late '90s/early '00s) the "cool kids" wore Abercrombie.

Most of those "cool kids" are now underperforming adults working dead-end, low-skilled, low-paid jobs... if they're lucky enough to be employed. Unfortunately for A&F, they seemed to fail to take into consideration the fact that their target demographic can no longer afford A&F's clothes now that their affluent parents aren't footing the bill. A&F has been in decline for years, with shrinking sales, declining stock value, and tons of stores closing.
    BenR

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quoted
    57 Post(s)
    Apparently he also hates people with good taste, or so his clothing has led me to believe.

Seriously though, that is ridiculous. I don't agree with what he is doing, but he should at least handle it with better tact. Did anyone read the article a while back about how his private plane is run?: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/1...n_1980960.html

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    33 Post(s)
    Why would anyone that frequents a style forum take notice of anything that involves Abercrombie and Fitch?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    It's still amazing to me that Abercrombie used to make some of the best outdoor clothing in the world and was the preferred brand for badasses like Theodore Roosevelt. What a shame.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bruschetta View Post
    Is this article written in parody? I don't trust the source.

That being said, if the CEO of this company actually holds this attitude towards large women then it is inexcusable.
    I don't really understand why that attitude is inexcusable...

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Quoted
    283 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imliuwhoru View Post
    I don't really understand why that attitude is inexcusable...
    I certainly hope you're joking.
    BenR

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    29 Post(s)
    I'm not...

It's not like retailers don't do this in different ways. Price for instance would be one.

If you can't fit into it, afford it, or don't like the style, you can't get it.